Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, OPWDD has ordered all Day Habilitation program to close. Supplemental Day services are also suspended. If you live at home with your family member and you are interested in Day Habilitation services at your home, please email us at Dayhabhome@hotwny.org or contact us at (718) 484-7810 x240.
Dear HOTW Families
HOTW is closely monitoring the evolving situation related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We have been taking proactive measures to ensure the health and well-being of the individuals we serve and our employees. Below are important updates regarding HOTW's actions in response to the Coronavirus thus far. Agency-wide, we have undertaken a series of steps which include but are not limited to:
- We are regularly disinfecting our facilities and vehicles.
- Hand sanitizer continues to be provided throughout all sites. All staff and individuals have and continue to be trained regarding proper hand-washing and other forms of universal precautions.
- We are limiting visits to all of our facilities and have canceled all non-essential meetings/events until further notice. Meetings with Care Managers will be coordinated via phone and/or video.
- Program participants and staff who are sick will be sent home and not permitted to return to program until they have a doctor's clearance to return. A doctor's note will be required to return to program/work.
- If an individual or staff member are confirmed to have the Coronavirus, HOTW will close the facility and perform a complete disinfection of the facility. The facility will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours and will reopen after it has been disinfected and determined to be safe to return.
The New York State Department of Health has established a call center hotline to address questions from the public at (888) 364-3065.
We encourage that you visit the NYS Department of Health (DOH), the NYC Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website listed below to obtain up to date information about COVID-19.
- DOH Corona Virus Hotline for health providers: 866-692-3641
- Department of Health 24/7 Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- To receive regular updates on the latest developments text COVID to 692-692
STANDING GUIDANCE FROM NYS DOH
- Stay home if you are sick. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands. Instead, wave or elbow bump.
- If you have family or friends who are elderly, have compromised immune systems or chronic respiratory or coronary issues, do not visit them if you feel sick. Stay home and keep your loved ones safe.
- Consider telecommuting, biking or walking to work if possible.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipes.
- Get your flu shot. Although the flu shot will not protect you from COVID-19, it will help prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this coronavirus.